The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) has now replaced the old data protection act (DPA 1998) for data privacy law. This act in conjunction with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations holding your personal data.
This privacy notice gives you the information you require in order to understand what data we hold on you and what your rights as an individual are
Creyaytive Designs is the data controller and is registered with the UK supervisory body, the ICO. Our Registration Number is: ZA540050
For any questions regarding this policy or how we use your data please email email@example.com
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Creyaytive Designs collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
Visitors to our website
Customers for our products
Personal details requested by customers to be added to our gifts
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.creyaytivedesigns.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Our hosting Partner is Krystal Hosting Ltd and we have an appropriate data processing agreement in place
If you would like to view this agreement please see https://krystal.co.uk/terms click “Privacy” and refer to section 11
No user-specific data is collected by Creyaytive Designs or any third party.
We use WordPress,. This is hosted through our website and not through any third party.
People who contact us via social media
If you use Facebook messenger to directly contact a member of staff or our Facebook page these conversations will be retained by Facebook until such time as you request the conversation be deleted. Please note that deleting the conversation from your messenger account will not notify us, or delete the conversation from our account.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media it will not be shared with any other organisations.
When you have placed an order for one of our products we will collect the following information in order to fulfil the order.
Name, Address, e-mail address, contact telephone number
We will retain this order information for up-to 7 years for financial reporting.
We will retain Name and e-mail for longer provided you have subscribed to alerts. You may unsubscribe at any time at which point your details will be removed
Where you specify a recipient and delivery address that is different to your own address we will retain this information for up-to 6 months following shipment of the design
Where the design includes personal details of the newborn we will retain the information for up-to 6months following shipment after which time the initials and month will be retained. Reprints requested after this time will require the full details to be re-submitted
Your details will not be shared with any other organisation until we have gathered your consent
Child information will never be shared with any third party
If you have any queries about this process or how we handle your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use 3rd party providers to take payment details. Creyaytive Designs will never hold or ask for your card or bank details. Our payment partners are
Stripe – see https://stripe.com/privacy
Under DPA 2018 and GDPR you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
Complaints or queries
Creyaytive Designs tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information within the creation of the artwork. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to email@example.com
Access to personal information
Creyaytive Designs tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ DPA2018. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to Creyaytive Designs for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any information that could help us confirm who you are and why we may hold information on you.
We will perform checks to verify who you are before sharing any information.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However when we are asked to investigate in accordance with the law, we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies. You can also get further information on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- How we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 1 August 2019.
Use of site by children
We do not provide services or products directly to children. If you are under the age of 16, you may use our website only with the consent from a parent or guardian
How to contact us
At Creyaytive Designs we will continue to work in your best interest and keep your personal information safe by:
- Ensuring that all staff are aware and appropriately trained of the implications of the DPA2018 / GDPR and planning how we will ensure that our candidates, employees and client base are aware;
- Reviewing our Data Protection Policy on an ongoing basis
- keeping up to date our knowledge of all the personal data we hold, where it comes from, where it is kept, how it is used, what efforts are made to keep it secure and how it is destroyed when it ceases to be of use;
- Ensure we have documented the legal justification(s) for our processing of personal data.
- Reviewing our protocols for conducting common data protection processes to meet the obligations set out in GDPR
- Maintaining Privacy Notices to ensure that customers understand why Creyaytive Designs need their personal data and what is done with it;
- Ensuring that all data subjects are notified of their right under DPA 2018 / GDPR and these rights are upheld by our business
- Ensuring organisational and technological security measures are appropriate and maintained.
- Ensuring any third party organisations, with whom we legitimately share your data adhere to our security standards.